Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Barry Goggin Takes Oath as President of Local NARI Chapter

It was quite an auspicious moment for Barry Goggin, the new president of the Long Island chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.

Bill Carter, the national president of NARI, had flown from California to LaGuardia Airport where he was picked up by Renee Rewiski, the national chairwoman of the association who lives i New Jersey. They arrived in a downpour just before the ceremonies for the swearing-in and the awards presentation took place.

"It made the evening more special," said Goggin. They added quite a bit of ceremony. It meant a lot to all of us."

Barry Goggin Construction started in 1978 doing small repairs and projects such as windows and doors. Eventually jobs got larger like extensions, dormers, full bathroom remodeling and kitchen remodeling and decks.

"In 1985 I constructed my first custom home from the ground up. I have constructed five homes over the past 31 years, but concentrated on renovations and remodeling."

"As far as employees, I have always kept the company small with two or three full time carpenters at a time and a part time office staff." he said.

In 2002, he moved to a larger office space in Ronkonkoma, NY centrally located on Long Island for easy access to any job.

I still do all the selling and business development myself," he said.

I have kept the same name and home improvement license for the past thirty one years, which is unprecedented in this industry. My goal was never to be one of the biggest companies on Long Island but to be one of the best Long Island Contractors.

"I have been a NARI member since 1989. I have always been a strong supporter of the organization because of its dedication to promoting honesty and ethical conduct within the industry."

"I became a Certified Remodeler in 1995 and a Certified Kitchen Remodeler in 2009. My business has thrived because of my involvement with NARI because homeowners are recognizing NARI as a source of reliable contractors. Besides my own good reputation in this field, NARI also ensures homeowners they are getting better service with a NARI member," he said.

"I have won eleven local contractor of the year awards, eight regional contractor of the year awards, one National Contractor of the year award and was the recipient of the Big50 award by Remodeling Magazine in 2006." he said.

"My goal as president will be to continue the efforts of the NARI office in getting more contractors to join, making the remodeling process better for the homeowners and to make the homeowners aware that NARI exists and what we are all about," he added.

Original Article Written By Denis Sheahan